Search engine optimization (SEO) means optimizing a Website, Blog Postings, Content Links, Videos, Social Sites or business marketing assets for its respective keywords or search terms to gain the desired visibility on the top pages of the Search Engines, especially Google.
For a website to gain trust and rank sooner on search engines it has to be well SEO optimized right from the foundation by taking Google search engine guidelines into consideration. Unfortunately, many people think increasing their Google rankings through SEO is a very lengthy process or that it takes a lot of time to rank higher on search engines. Well, it’s not true! When SEO is done properly by posting user-friendly, unique content that’s engaging to the visitor and by following search engine guidelines without gimmicks, tricks and spamming, you’ll begin to improve your search engine visibility. In fact, it’s possible to see a successful campaign to rank a website higher on the top of search engines even faster than expected if you have the right type of SEO done to the foundation. A simple KISS PR logic: “You reap what you sow,” in SEO.
If you have worked with an SEO company for a while and are still not seeing results or have been disappointed by partial results, you should pay close attention. Now is the time to check what your SEO company is up to — before it’s too late.
1) Your website is not properly SEO formatted for indexing and optimization.
2) Social buttons not integrated on your website. No social signals or activity pointing to the website; not focusing on Content marketing; Acquiring heavy back-links from Low PR directories.
3) If your website or business listing doesn’t appear on top of the Google results when searching your company or business name directly, then it’s an alarm of bad SEO.
4) If after 4 weeks of SEO work your website or business listing is still not ranking on Google’s top 2 pages of search results for a few of your keywords, it’s an indicator of bad SEO.
5) If there is a fall of keyword rankings or your rankings remain stagnant on search engines other than Google’s top 2 pages, or if there is no growth in rankings at all then these are the signs of bad SEO.
6) If your website or business listing is still not ranked on Google Page 1 (for at least a few keywords) after 90 days of SEO work, it should be cause for concern. This is the time frame exemption for very high competition generic keywords.
7) If your traffic is consistently on the decline or you’re not getting enough traffic to generate qualified leads, then you should be worried. A good SEO company will be able to address this problem before it becomes a habit or trend for your website.
Website Audit Report before starting work
If you do not get a ground zero report or proper website audit on where your website stands before the start of SEO work, then there’s no way to identify the strengths & weaknesses of it. It’s also a good idea for an SEO company to pull this set of information on your website to check the progress of their work.
Keyword Analysis, Grouping and Integration
Are you targeting the right keywords that bring qualified traffic to your website via search engines? Are your target keywords grouped to match the relevant categories or topics? If not it means that your keyword analysis and grouping is not done correctly. Also, the best SEO techniques are implemented to integrate the target keywords on the website content, page titles, Meta descriptions, and other onsite Meta factors.
Content Is the Key to Success in SEO
Any experienced SEO group will tell you that content is king and it’s important to make sure you are publishing unique content written to compliment your keyword grouping and relevant topics. If you haven’t been doing this already, then you are missing a crucial component to successful SEO. Also, check to see if your keywords are integrated on Page Titles & Meta Descriptions of the pages without stuffing the keywords. If your website content has keyword stuffing, it will be really tough convincing the search engines to rank your site well. In addition, SEO experts will know to review the deep-link URL structures and Internal Pages to make sure that your website is incorporating the designated keyword grouping.
A few other SEO things to look for include: proper on-site SEO, your website architecture and navigation, lack of call to action buttons, lack of sitemaps, 404 link errors on search results, duplicate or repeated content, or not having Meta tags for images.
If you are a victim of bad SEO, give KISS PR Dallas SEO Company a call. We will offer a free SEO audit and will tell you what we can do to get your SEO right. Check our client testimonials and happy stories.
Digital Growth Specialist
KISS PR – Digital Marketing